Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Don’t run from your sins... run to Jesus!!

Homosexuality.

This is a topic that I have really had heavy on my mind lately among many others. At times it feels as my heart is going to tear in two as I pray for those who haven't found the cleansing freedom and life in the Blood of Jesus Christ. He is calling everyone... but we have that freewill He has given us. I'm forever grateful for that freewill. It makes His free gift even more amazing once you accept it. I started typing this blog with no real thought out direction as I do for most of my blogs. Though I have this Bible verse running through my head nonstop lately....

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." I Corinthians 6:9-11.

WERE- Past tense. It's soooooooo awesome. It's right there just waiting to be taken ahold of. You weren't born gay or a drunkard. Circumstances in life slowly pull us farther and farther away from God. That is the enemy's only mission... to kill and destroy. So he finds a weakness or a hurting, empty place in our lives and fills it with lies that lead us deeper and deeper into sin. A drunk didn't wake up one day and decide to be that way. It was a slow barely noticeable progression that he rationalized in his mind... one step at a time.

This is why I'm looking forward to the trip to Canada with the youth group. I pray that the Heavenly Father uses this time mightily to draw these kids to a relationship with Him. Or a deeper more sincere relationship if they already have begun their journey.

Life as a Christian is amazing. The closer you draw to the Lord.... the harder life gets in this flesh... but the closer you get and the more that you trust the Lord... the easier it gets. 'Joy unspeakable and full of glory' as the old hymn goes.

These past months I have also had alot of reflective time to consider the last 6 years that I have been a Christian. The things I have learned already are amazing. The relationship that I have with my Heavenly Father is one like I have never known before. I have turned into one of those weird Christians I used to make fun of. But I'm NOT ASHAMED of the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST. My brothers and sisters in Christ as being killed and thrown in prison everyday around the world. The least I can do is boldly proclaim the Gospel. And love others as Christ also loves them. To be a Christian isn't a religion. It's a relationship. To be CHRIST LIKE!!

This was a random ramble that I will probably read tomorrow and realize that I have incomplete thoughts, run on sentences, grammatical errors and a plethora of other problems. But... at this moment... it speaks the thoughts of my heart. May you find the joy in a life of a Christian! Sin separates us from Him no matter how good we try to be. The shed blood of Jesus Christ who died on the cross for us is the only sacrifice that can cleanse us so we can enter into the Father's presence. Don't run from your sins... run to Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment