Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Witnessing the Increasing Moral Decay of the Day

Just witnessed a sad commentary of the moral decay of today's society. Sitting at the local drive-in this evening I witnessed a set of grandparents and three grandsons. The kids were approximately eight, ten and thirteen years old? The interactions around the table were interesting to say the least with a substantial amount of dialog being unrepeatable. My parents seemed shocked by their vulgarity. But I informed them that, sadly, it was mild compared to interactions of others their age that I have witnessed over time. The eight year old was one of the worst.

While they were waiting for their order to be delivered, the thirteen year old was checking the canoes on the trailer with his grandfather. Both were enjoying slow drags on their respective cigarettes. This was a new one for me. I have to say that's the youngest individual that I have personally witnessed smoking in pubic.

After eating the grandparents and the youngest kid went to sit in the suburban. They were waiting for the older two to finish eating their cones. To pass the time the classic rock song, "Wild Thing" was being blasted through the vehicle's open windows. The two older boys made their way back to the vehicle. But grandma didn't start driving off until grandpa and the thirteen year old had finished their after dinner cigarettes.

So as I witnessed this I was trying to figure out the math on this current exponential cycle. These kids will possible some day create children of their own. How can it get much worse? Don't answer that, it's merely a rhetorical question. The Bible promises us that it is going to get MUCH WORSE. That's when I'm glad that God also told us not to worry about the future.

Just today I read an article where there appears to have been an elaborate hoax to lead the public to believe that the Southern Baptists had changed their Biblical position on homosexuality.

Anyway... that's all the thoughts I had for the day. I knew it was too long for a Facebook status update....lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment