Wednesday, September 27, 2006

In Mourning

I'm so sad. Last night I discovered that they have DRAINED our local mill pond. I learned to fish there. I would ice skate there in the winter. I fell in when I was really little and dad pulled me out with the rope they had attached to me. There was a major foreign weed problem I guess. Our family has history with developing lakes so dad had offered someone on the board some advice. You can introduce grass carp. They will eat the weeds and they won't reproduce. So you don't have to worry about them overtaking the current fish population. The Fish :-( Where are they??? I still don't know this. Did they find their way down the creek to the Clintonville pond??? I hope so. There were some really nice bass and pike in the Marion Pond. I drove out to the former boat landing last night with a friend. There is a stream running through the channel. Otherwise it looks like a waste land after a nuclear war. I guess they found a ton of stuff when they drained it. Including a boat. But alot of bikes and skateboards.... especially by the dam. I think if I lived on the pond I would lobby to have my property taxes reduced. I don't consider that living on the waterfront anymore. How will they restore this fish population??? No monster pike for way to long now. Though we should go out there with a camera and take a picture of the structure and mark points on the GPS. Then if there ever were fish again we could cheat when we are trying to find them.

So yes... who would have ever though draining the local pond would be such a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment