Friday, February 9, 2007

Anna Nichole Smith

Personally I'm really saddened by her death. She was sucked in to a lie (the sex industry) and it took her life. I was reading the AP stories about this and I ran across something disturbing. There was a story centering around Mexia, TX. This is the small town of 6,900 people that Anna Nicole considered to be her hometown. They interviewed a local pastor...

"Anna Nicole is not somebody we consider one of our own, one of the great citizens we're proud of," said the Rev. Marcus Sheffield, pastor of First Baptist Church, who did not know Smith. "If people connect her with what Mexia is, I'm not proud of that."

That really saddens me. Either the media really "fussy cut" his comments to make them fit what they wanted or the Christian compassion was not expressed as it should have been. He had such an opportunity to make a statement that would be carried around the world. Marcus, you are in my prayers.

Pray for those stuck in the lie of the sex industry (producing and consuming).

No comments:

Post a Comment