Monday, February 19, 2007

The Appearance of Evil

Appearance: outward aspect; outward indication ; a sense impression or aspect of a thing

of:used as a function word to indicate the object of an action denoted or implied by the preceding noun

evil:morally reprehensible

---------------------------------------------------

Us as Christians need to be aware of the above when going about life. Now obviously I know that ...

--But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." -- I Samuel 16:7

We also need to remember this though...

--But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become astumbling blockto the weak. For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols? For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died. And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if food causes my brother tostumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother tostumble.--I Corinthians 8:9-13 Also Romans 14:20-22

Even if our actions aren't bad, we definately need to be aware of how other parties close to situation could be affected or perceiving the situation.

I was thinking about this lately because of a young man who just got married. He came up to me at camp and started talking to me. He wanted to 'reconnect' because he hadn't seen me in awhile. His wife was sitting on the other side of the room watching. Guy who used to have interest in me but is now married talking to a single female. NOT APPROPRIATE. Call me a prude if you wish. You won't change my oppinion. I also have been witnessing something simular to this. At least in regards to a married individual being friends with a single individual. Unfortunately the single individual wasn't aware of the affects this relationship would have.

Here is something that I just wrote the other day while thinking about this... "Guys might not get how women are wired sometimes. Sometimes internal insecurities lead to irrational jealousies that lead to perceived actual reality that leads to mistrust that leads to.... well you name it. Whether there is any actual basis for those thoughts or not.... if you are a woman... it probably has/is/will happen. Like it or not there is a little thing called HORMONES."

Watch what you do. Is it your life or Christ's life?? Treat every interaction as if it will have eternal consequences.


No comments:

Post a Comment