Friday, September 14, 2012

So now what.....

So I figure blogging a little bit more will be helpful. I have been living at my computer since I arrived home, so what's 10 more minutes?

Besides, some people are wondering what I am up to now.

At the end of my trip to Africa, I learned that I was an officially approved Long Term Field Worker candidate with CVM!! The fun story of the moment I learned that will actually be part of my first official CVM distributed prayer letter. Yesterday while doing projects outside I finally was inspired as to what to say in that letter. So other than some final editing, it's almost ready to submit to CVM. I don't know why, but it was a bit stressful to write that. Why? I don't know. I'm no stranger to writing. In this blog alone I have 108 posts for the world to see. Also, I have been sending out email updates since my first trip to Guatemala in Oct 2009. Who knows... the wonders of the mind.

Speaking of the wonders of the mind. I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Packers/Bears game last night. I was one of the smiling faces handing out free stuff at the gates. My analytical, inquisitive mind never turns off, even during seemingly mundane tasks. I noticed while handing out the little free backpack, alot of people said thank you. In fact between 85 and 90 percent of them did. Yes, I counted and averaged.... hundreds of people.....'cause that's how I roll. I'm wondering if that would be true in all stadiums or just in the Midwest? We really are friendlier here compared to other parts of the States I have traveled to. I enjoyed the friendly, although brief, interactions. It reminded me of Uganda. Of course, right? But seriously (ok, not really), I think I should continue this theory at stadiums around the Nation.

So the reason I have been living at my computer is I have been working on the database that I have to submit to CVM with the contact information of the people to receive my prayer letters, prayer card and other information. It is a rather arduous task, but I'm nearing completion!! At least I won't have to do it again. I can just add people as they request to be added from here on out.

The other day I was actually looking through some of my past blogs over the years. What a journey it has been over the past 10 years. April 3, 2002 was the day I asked Jesus to be me Savior and Lord (in control) of my life. I had no clue of all of the amazing things God had planned for me. It's sooooo cool!!! As many of my friends have heard me say, who says Christians have no fun?! I mean, digging jiggers out of your feet at three in the morning.... how exciting is that? Or is it just me? But seriously, it's been a rough and bumpy road at times as well, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So I'm excited to see how God has written me in to His plan for the Karamojong in Uganda! I'm also excited to share in this with all of you!!

For my Heavenly Father's Purposes!!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment