Sunday, October 7, 2012

"Happily Never After"?

So tonight at youth group we watched a pretty profound video before discussion. I'm glad that I found it online to watch again. Check it out here.... http://www.ministryflix.com/short_films/overview-happily_never_after.html

It's small but free! So take 8 minutes and watch it. Contemplate your own life as you watch it. I know I was contemplating mine. From before I listened to the Author through actually listening to Him.

Interviewer:"So you like pork do you?"
B.B. Wolf: "No I'm Jewish, but I hate to waste anything!" ROFL

B.B. Wolf: "I believe this book just happened in a massive explosion of  the alphabet as several cosmic typewriters simultaneously collided together in space at the same time"

But seriously, Jack says something absolutely profound....

Jack: "But you don't even know the whole story, you don't know where your character is going, you hardly know the real you, but He knows all of that. His story is full of the most wonderful and scary twists and turns, but in the end, we will become the real us."

Interviewer: " Perhaps it would be better if instead of trying to create your own story, you simply discovered the story the Author has already created just for you."

WOW.... I so needed this. Especially as I continue to prepare to leave everything I have ever know to move to Uganda. I'm going because I'm trusting the Author and the knowledge of His plot for my story. The fact that this is exactly where I am to go was absolutely clear. So why would I let my stuff or my family and friends or the hesitation of stepping in to the unknown deter me from this. I tried to step outside of the story and write my own. I know that isn't a pleasant place to be. So to God be the glory in this. He knows how long I will live there, what Kingdom work He has for me, what difficulties I will face... etc etc. So now I continue to pray for the ministry team God desires to be built in time for my departure in May 2013.

I haven't received my financial report for my first month yet so I don't know where I'm at in reaching my one time and monthly goals. I will keep you posted though. God is moving and you can be involved in His story!!

https://www.cvmusa.org/donate/fieldworkers

No comments:

Post a Comment