Sunday, March 24, 2013

The next generation!


Today I had the privileged of speaking to about fifty 1st through 4th graders. It was a great time encouraging them to use whatever gifts God has given them to serve Him, even now. It was also great to be the first real live missionary some of them have seen. I still remember the very first missionary I ever heard speak. God used that as a seed for where I am now. Marilyn Laszlo came to our church not long after I came to our church. She was a single missionary that had spent 20+ year in Papua New Guinea working with Wycliffe to translate the Bible into a tribal language. I fell in love with missions at that point but it wasn't until a couple years later that I heard God's call on my own life to be a missionary!! Watch the YouTube video on Marilyn to see why she struck me so deeply. She is 80 and still going strong. I want to be like her when I grow up :-)


These kids have already learned about many different aspects of missions thanks to their great teachers. I loved being able to put some reality to what they had already learned.


This young man loved looking at the Karamojong Bible.
 "
You really want to live here?"
Sharing with the next generation of missionaries, pastors, small group leaders, financial supporters, and disciple-makers. But encouraging them to all to pray!
Click here to share these pictures on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment