Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Why I'm moving to Africa [Video] plus Upcoming Road Trip…

During Dr. Val's recent visit to Wisconsin she recorded an interview that answers many questions that people have been asking regarding my role as a Veterinary Technician in Uganda. She serves as the Team Advisor for our Ugandan Team. Please take a few moments to watch this interview to learn more about the Ethnoveterinary Medicine Program and my role as Research Assistant.




Praise:

My outgoing support budget has been met! This covers all of my moving expenses, training, purchasing my truck in Africa, etc.

Many new connections that have been made through meeting with new groups and speaking at various churches. Including the opportunity to have a booth at the local June Brunch on the Farm (June 23rd) that brings in over 4,000 visitors!

Prayer:

For more faithful prayer ministry partners.

For more faithful financial ministry partners to reach my budget quickly.

Peace as I continue to move forward through this time of transition with many things to do.

Prayer and Praise:

Friday I leave on a support raising road trip that will cover 9 states. Please pray as I connect with old friends and make new ones. On June 9th I will be speaking at a church in Chattanooga, TN. They are excited to learn more about how they can support our work in Karamoja. Praise God for the provision for a vehicle that gets GREAT gas mileage. Also, a friend just accepted Jesus Christ and I get to visit with them on this road trip!

To God Be the Glory,
Emily


Items needed to be covered yet before budget is reached*:

Vehicle Fuel, Oil, and Maintenance- $200
Housing Utilities (including propane for my refrigerator) - $105
Office Supplies (including fuel for generator)- $60
Internet Access- $50
Cell Phone Minutes- $50
CLIDE National Staff/Team Support- $350
Long Term Disability Insurance- $4
International Worker's Compensation Insurance- $141
Project Costs- $400
VISA/Work Permit -$50
Professional License and Fees-$41
Vehicle Road License and Insurance- $166
Retirement Allowance- $30
Uganda Christian Veterinary Mission Membership- $4

*as soon as all of these items are covered, I will be moving...TO AFRICA!!!

If you haven't already, would you prayerfully consider joining the 63 other ministry partners already supporting Imperishable Seed through a monthly commitment?!

Visit www.cvmusa.org/imperishableseed or call 206-546-7569 or email info@cvmusa.org to learn more today! To set up an Electronic Funds Transfer please use This Form.


No comments:

Post a Comment