Friday, November 3, 2006

Fudge*$&%W!!

Revelation 3:15-16 "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."

So are you HOT orcold? Or are you just satisfied to sit on the fence?? Be warned... that fence isn't the most comfortable thing to sit on.

So as Christians... do we want to be lukewarm or red HOT?? I for one am jumping off of the fence in the HOT direction. I don't really care if people look at me odd. Well odder than they do now.

So this past weekend something was really throw in front of me. Between circumstances and conversations and sermons and more 'random circumstances'. Darn, Shoot, Crap, Freakin', Gosh Darn.... etc etc. What up wit da slang?? I mean, shouldn't you just come out and say the REAL words?? You won't get 'damned' to 'hell' if you swear, will you?? Now I for one have been known to swear. Though I won't intentionally take the Lord's name in vain. G--D--- makes me cringe. Though the 'f-word'... yep... I've used it. Crap... say it all of the time. Shit... say it all of the time. Though why sit on the fence then??? Why not just go all the way and use the BIG words??

How does that look to outsiders?? What do they think when a Christian is using even large amounts of slang??? Are we in this for ourselves or to serve Christ and bring people to Him??

Holy cow/crap/man....

Holy= Exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness. Divine.

I don't know about you but I don't know of much crap or cows or men that fit that description. Sooooo.... are you going to sit on the fence? Back to the afore mentioned sermon.... Luke 14:25-35. Christ asks us to love Him more than anything else. I don't think that is to much to ask of us.

So... I'm not sitting on the fence. I have asked the Holy Spirit to bring to my attention the words that could offend and clean them up. I'm not satisfied being lukewarm. I really don't want to be spit out by HIM either.

Do you? What is God telling you?? Are you willing to listen, even if it is the most menial thing you would have never considered??

No comments:

Post a Comment