Wednesday, November 15, 2006

SEX!!!

Wow.... we live in such a sex saturate world I really don't think that teens know what is right or wrong anymore. I was at a Christian concert event on Saturday. Standing down in the mosh pit during Toby Mac I saw a teenage couple standing together. The guy was NOT listening to the music. He was up behind the girl with his arms wrapped around her. They were both moving to the music. The girl seemed to be oblivious to the guy behind her and was intent on the content of the music. The guy on the other hand. I could tell his mind was drifting farther and farther from even knowing there was music. When he reached the point where he leaned in to bury his nose in her hair and his eyes were rolling back in his head the youth leader in me came out. I poked him on the shoulder. It took several moments for him to snap out of his trance and realize that something stepped into his world. Then he looked at me dazed and puzzled. I looked at him and shook my head. He smiled and said "Oh, it's ok". I Scowled and said "No, it isn't". At this point the girl realizes something is up. She asks him what is going on. He tells her..."Oh, nothing". She smiles and turns back around to focus on the music. She was soooooo completely clueless to what she was doing to this young man. I wanted to go talk to her in the worst way. But it wasn't my place. But come on people... don't we realize how our actions affect others??? She is standing there letting this young man go places mentally and physically that in the future will lead even farther down the path of sexual immorality. Please keep yourselves pure as God asks of us. Your reward will be a beautiful thing when you get married. Don't sell yourself away for alittle instant self-gratification.


-But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality- Ephesians 5:3


No comments:

Post a Comment