Monday, August 5, 2013

10...9...8...7...6...

So last week I was at $900. Now I'm at... well, we'll get to that in a minute.

This past weekend was great. I had the opportunity to meet many great people at the 8th Annual Field of Praise right here in Marion. The MC reminded me something I had almost forgotten. I was part of the very first planning committee and I helped run and organize the food stand for the first several years. Now here I am, on the stage. Interesting. Though the MC also reminded me that he knew me as a little girl still in a playpen and diapers. Ah, the joys of small town life in America. They warn me in Africa that everyone will know you and your business. While this may be a shock to those originally from major metropolises, it's pretty much life around here. Yes, I have even had it where something I was doing in town got back to my house before I did.


So it was fun getting out and connecting with so many community members this weekend. And being able to share with them about how God is taking someone from this small livestock based community in to another livestock based community. Plus, they had great homemade pie and ice cream there too!!

Dan Brandenburg, editor of the Marion Advertiser, also asked me to write a column every month or so while I'm in Africa to keep everyone not on my mailing list in the loop. I thank him for this awesome opportunity!

So... back to the mystery number of what I need for monthly support yet before I move. I enlisted the help of my pastor and his wife to share the news this week. They were the ones that lead me to the Lord on April 3rd, 2002. They are the ones that have helped disciples me, mentored me, and challenged me over these past 11 years. You can also tell they are ALWAYS serious, just like me :D


Karen is a Missionary Kid originally from Denmark. Her mom was an American that moved there as a single missionary with the Child Evangelism Fellowship. She met Karen's dad... and the rest is history. So in that aspect she has been a great encouragement in this part of the journey as well. Just this Sunday we were talking about something and she didn't know what it was. That gives me encouragement that even after decades I will still be learning my new culture...lol.

Soooooo... I'm getting closer! If you would like to be part of getting that number to $0 there is a link at the top of this blog. I would love to answer all of your questions that you might have as well. Feel free to contact me. Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment